Re: Help - Upgrade disaster

> Hi Guys,
> Can some one help I seemed to have messed up my amd64 build by trying an
> upgrade this is the system response.
>
> Preconfiguring packages ...
> (Reading database ... 155513 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to replace libc6 2.3.2.ds1-18
> (using .../libc6_2.3.2.ds1-19.0.0.1.pure64_amd64.deb) ...
> Unpacking replacement libc6 ...
> dpkg: error
> processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6_2.3.2.ds1-19.0.0.1.pure64_amd64.deb (--unpack):
>  trying to overwrite `/usr/lib64', which is also in package base-files
>  /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6_2.3.2.ds1-19.0.0.1.pure64_amd64.deb
>
> Any ideas?

As the warning says, the new package is trying to overwrite a file
that is contained in another package (2 packages have the same file!!
that cant' be). Don't worry, it must be a problem with the new libc6
package, i have had the same problem today. Wait a few days and make
another apt-get update; apt-get upgrade

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> **********************************
> The contents of this email are confidential and may also be privileged.
> It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not
> the intended recipient(s), please note that any distribution, copying or
> use of this communication or the information contained therein is
> strictly prohibited.
> If you have received this email in error then please notify by email to
> admin@devconnex.net with a copy of this message. Please then delete this
> email and any copies.
> http://devconnex.net
^^^^^^^^^
by the way, that kind of notices are useless, and disturbing (and
illegal on some countries), ask your system administrator to please
get rid of it. (mail firms should be 3-4 lines only)

(never knew how to end a mail in an informal way in english, excuse me)
Aritz Beraza [Rei]