Re: Error installing base system

Sergio Almenara <salmenara@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, i'm trying to install Debian AMD64. When i'm installing the base
> system, it returns a error that explains it can't install pppoeconf
> because gettext (version >= 0.13) hasn't been installed yet, however,
> gettext-base 0.14 has been installed (unpacked and set) in a previous
> step.  This happens when pppoeconf is been set. All packages are
> downloaded without any problem.
>
> I install from a 14 December monolithic ISO. Is this a known bug??
> What can i do?? I don't know if you need more information.
>
> Thanks for help!!

Yes, know bug. The problem is that pppoeconf added localization
support and added a dependency to gettext to base (violating the
freeze). As it turns out only gettext-base it actualy only needs
gettext-base (which is already in base).

A fixed pppoeconf should be in incoming and arrive with the next
dinstall run.

Meanwhile you can try the netinst isos or the debian-amd64 repository
instead of pure64. The sid netinst iso is known to work, the rest
needs testing.

MfG
        Goswin