Re: upgrading base-files problem

Lorenzo Milesi <lorenzo.milesi@gmail.com> writes:

>> I just uploaded a patched base-files_3.1.1.0.0.1.pure64_amd64.deb
>> to alioth.
>
> yesterday evening I was trying to do a dist-upgrade but the base-files
> package won't install. it says it's going to try to overwrite
> /usr/X11R6/lib64 which is in xfree86-driver-synaptics package.
>
> it was previously giving me similar error due to nvu package. I tried
> removing it, but as you can see the problem just moved.

That would be a bug of xfree86-driver-synaptics and nvu. If we even
have a usr/X11R6/lib64 link then it belongs in the xfree86
package. The link in base-files is just a hack because it is easier to
patch.

For anyone feeling lucky try:

~goswin-guest/done/glibc-sid/ and ~goswin-guest/done/base-files-sid/

MfG
        Goswin