Re: Dependents on java runtime

Jerome Warnier wrote:

On Sun, 2004-12-12 at 15:26 -0800, David Liontooth wrote:
A number of recent packages in debian-amd64 depend variously on
j2sdk1.5 (eg freewatch) and j2re1.4 (eg freemind) or java2-runtime (both),
which are not available from the mirrors. I've installed Sun's now
fully released jre-1_5_0-linux-amd64.bin. How do I tell these packages
that java2-runtime is present? Force override? Java is in my path.
You would probably prefer to use package "java-package" to create a
"real" Debian package based on Sun's JDK.
Thanks, now I know the simple way to do that too.

The main constraint on the spread of free software may be
the knowledge to use it -- I'm often amazed to discover that
the problem I'm stuck on has long since been solved by
others.  Which is fantastic of course -- and I suppose free
software is doing better on this front than anyone else.

Cheers,
Dave