Re: [debian-amd64] Dependents on java runtime

Steve Feehan wrote:

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 03:26:22PM -0800, David Liontooth wrote:
A number of recent packages in debian-amd64 depend variously on
j2sdk1.5 (eg freewatch) and j2re1.4 (eg freemind) or java2-runtime (both),
which are not available from the mirrors. I've installed Sun's now
fully released jre-1_5_0-linux-amd64.bin. How do I tell these packages
that java2-runtime is present? Force override? Java is in my path.

Cheers,
Dave

You want to use the equivs package to create packages that
provide the java stuff. Search google for 'debian java equivs'
and you'll get several sets of instructions.
Thanks, that worked great!

Dave