Re: urgent help needed, pure64 -> gcc-3.4

On 04-Dec-11 11:27, Corin Langosch wrote:
> we run a dual opteron 246 system with pure64 here for
> 80 days now. the server only runs mysql 4.1. i always
> use the latest official mysql 4.1 binary
> "mysql-standard-4.1.7-unknown-linux-x86_64-glibc23.tar.gz"

Why don't you use the mysql package from the gcc-3.4 archive?
I got some reports which indicated that this works fine.

> after changing pure64 to gcc-3.4 in apt/sources.list
> and dist-upgrade, mysql always hang. tables got locked
> but not unloked, so all queries blocked. also trying
> to killall mysqld wasn't able - it just killed nothing
> and the server kept running.
>
> does anybody know why this happens? did i miss anything
> important to upgrade? (i read something about apt-get
> --reinstall - how to to this with all packages? it always
> wants a list of packages...)

You need to 'apt-get install --reinstall' all packages which use the
'libstdc++5' when you upgrade from pure64 to the gcc-3.4 archive.

Regards
Andreas Jochens