Re: Recommedn AMD64 machine for Debian

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 09:03:10AM -0600, Michael Madden wrote:
> Has anyone had success with a certain machine using Debian for AMD64.  We
> have a wealth of experience using Dell and HP workstations, but neither
> of them offer an AMD64 option.  If I cannot get a prebuilt machine from
> someone like Dell or HP, what type of motherboard and peripherals
> (SCSI/IDE/SATA hard drive, network card, sound card, video card,
> DVD burner, etc) would you recommend setting up?

Well my personal plan is to sometime in the next couple of month get:
Asus nForce4 motherboard socket 939
nVidia video card
appropriate athlon64 cpu
1GB dual channel ram (DDR400 unless DDR2 somehow takes off amazingly
fast)
Plextor DVD writer
WD SATA drive.

I will probably reuse my sb live platinum sound card or get an audigy,
or put up with the onboard audio.  Onboard ethernet and firewire and
such should all be fine.

So I hope once those parts are all released, they will work, although I
would be surprised if they didn't.