Re: usb2/ehci_hcd issue

Ernest jw ter Kuile wrote:
... and that's it. Everythng like usbview, lsusb, cat /proc/bus/usb/devices
just hangs without showing anything.

If this works as expected in 32 bit mode with Debian, but not in 64 bit mode
also with Debian, this would seem to exclude configuration errors and
hardware errors. Beside, if this is a configuration problem usb would not
hang,

I suspect the usb ehci driver port to 64bit has some problems.

I have some similar problems with a camera, so I did a search on the kernel
usb list. and indeed :

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=10009512
and following messages, seem to indicate a usb-storage problem with the usb
port to amd64.

Thanks a lot for this hint, it indeed seems to point to a useful direction for me. I will test the patch (I think this requires to upgrade the kernel to 2.6.10 so I will probably do it next weekend) and  keep the list informed if this solves my issues.

The cable is obvioulsly not the reason as the same cable works in hih speed mode in any other 32bit Linux and WXP environment.

--
br
Sven