Re: New 2.6.9 kernel -- couldn't boot to SATA root.

c_wakefield@shaw.ca wrote:

On December 3, 2004 11:28 pm, Rob wrote:
Not sure if this happened to anyone else, but when I updated my
packages, the kernel-image-2.6.9-9-amd64-k8 was updated and rendered my
system unbootable.  It couldn't find my root drive (SATA).  Not sure
what happened, but thankfully I had my old 2.6.8 still installed which
I'm back to using.

Anyone else experience this issue?  If you have upgraded and haven't
rebooted yet, be careful.  Or maybe something just went wrong on my system.

Thanks,
Rob
Yes, me too.  I about to try the lastest patch 2.6.10-rc3 ...

Chris W.

Well, same here with nvidia nforce3 250 and maxtor 160gb sata hard drive.

Gasper Z.