Re: sound inside the chroot

Make sure you have /dev, /proc and /sys mounted in the chroot
directory. According to the howto add /home and /tmp also. That one
slowed me down. Of course you must have the needed libraries installed
in the chroot. You might want to take a look at the howto.

Good luck.

Alan

 Alexandru> Hello, I am trying to run xine inside a 32bit sarge chroot
 Alexandru> on my AMD64 box. I am trying this because the real player,
 Alexandru> quicktime, and all kinds of other codecs are proprietary
 Alexandru> and they are available for 32bit.

 Alexandru> But inside the chroot sound does not work. Outside it
 Alexandru> does, of course. How would I get it to work?

 Alexandru> For example I can *watch* a DVD inside the chroot no
 Alexandru> problem, it's just that I can't *hear* it...

 Alexandru> Alex.

 Alexandru> -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to
 Alexandru> debian-amd64-REQUEST@lists.debian.org with a subject of
 Alexandru> "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact
 Alexandru> listmaster@lists.debian.org