Re: I'd rather run Debian, but don't know how to install on my Dual Opteron Server

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 20:04:49 -0500, Brian Chase <networkr0@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm presently using Fedora Core 3 x86-64 on my AMD64 box, but I want
> debian, due to the software available on the debian mirrors.  Will the
> AMD64 port have the same breadth of software available on it?  How much
> of that software will be 64-bit?

Most of the software available in sid already have their native 64bit
port. A couple of them (notably OpenOffice.org) are still in 32bit
(which can be run via chroot)

https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html#installation

--
Paolo Alexis Falcone