AMD64 Question

Hi There, Can someone please answer a hardware/usage question for me? We
have used woody on 386/686 servers for ages, normally on pentium 3 and AMD
athlons. We are currently susing a new production mail server... which
will have the following installed:

- Postfix, DBMail, Apache, PHP, MySQL and a virus product called BitDefender

The servers spec is currently:

- Tyan Tiger 7320 motherboard, 2xXeon (800Mhz), 2GB RAM, 3Ware 9000 SATA
hardware Raid (PCI-X), Intel nics.

My question is: Above sinatlling sarge and running this kernel
"kernel-image-2.6.8-9-em64t-p4-smp", is it worth looking at the AMD64
debian port for this server? bearing in mind that it is a production
system and needs to be a high-availability one at that.

Thanks (sorry for the green question)

Simon

--
This message was scanned for spam and viruses by BitDefender
For more information please visit http://linux.bitdefender.com/