Asus SK8N - Promise PDC20378 SATA

Hi,
I have been trying to install Debian on SATA disks on Asus SK8N mainboard. I tried older version of Debian installer, Fedora Core 2 (AMD64) and now the newest Debian Installer. But I still have problem with Promise PDC20378 SATA controller.
When installer loads disk modules, is freezes by loading sd_mod.

With IDE disks, mainboard runs well.
Is there anyone, who has some experience with this SATA controller under Debian?

Thanks.

Petr Dvorak