Mainboard Compat List

Hello!

I have noticed that my installation notes didn't go into the Mobo Compat
List...

Here they are again:

System:
DFI LanpartyUT nforce3 250gb
AMD Athlon64 2Ghz@2.25Ghz
IDE NEC 3500 DVD Burner
200GB SATA HDD

For the Mainboard Compatibility list:
ata: ? (probably nforce - worked right away)
ata raid: I dont use it
sata: sata_nv
scso: -
network: forcedeth (nv_net - the nvidia binary driver should also work, didnt
test it though)
sound: intel8x0

Installation notes:
1. I used the latest pure64 netinst iso.
2. First of all, my USB Keyboard didn't work during the installation, although
my BIOS should make it usable - I could type on the boot prompt, but not in
the installer.
3. The installer recognized my Firewire port as network device, but not the
onchip NIC. I had to switch to a console and manually load the forcedeth
driver. then I used ifconfig to start the eth1 device (not sure if the
installer could have done that too..)
4. I used XFS for my root partition.
5. First I had problems with GRUB, wich seems to have trouble on XFS
partitions, so I created a 20MB /boot partition with ext2 (during the second
installation - grub ruined the first one)
6. After the computer was rebooted to finish the installation, I kept reading
messages about sata drives being added and removed again (I forgot the actual
wording of the message) - they messed up my whole screen. I found some posts
about that problem in the internet and found the solution: After disabling
all unused SATA channels/controllers in my BIOS, the error message was gone.

regards
Jonas

PS: Please CC me in replies.