Re: mounting xfs on x86_64

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 09:24:19AM +0100, Dennis Grevenstein wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 08:56:32AM +0100, Daniel van Eeden wrote:
> > I'm using XFS on my amd64 box w/o any issues.
> > The kernel is a stock 2.6.9 debian kernel from pure64. Try creating a
> > xfs filesystem on another device (e.g. a file) and see if that works.
>
> As I said. XFS works in general with my amd64 kernel.
> I can create and mount filesystems, but I cannot mount my
> old disk with most of my data on it.

OK, I did a fast unscientific test and created xfs filesystems in flat
image files on both amd64 and i386, exchanged the images between the
systems, and I can mount and read them.  I can also mount and read i386
and amd64 xfs image files on my alpha.  All systems with 2.6.9 kernels.
I unfortunately lack the resources to try it out with real disks,
pre-2.6 and/or pre-sid systems.

-ukh