Re: /pure64 vs. /gcc-3.4

Jared Burke wrote:

I can tell you that if you're planning on using the latest nvidia module, you'll need gcc-3.4.

Other than that I'm not entirely certain about the differences between the two archives, but I can point you to a thread we had shortly before you arrived on the list about the same subject.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2004/10/msg00260.html

I use 1.0-6629 NVidia drivers with the pure64 archive just fine. All you have to do is install gcc-3.4 on pure64, and then extract the NVidia drivers and compile with:

CC=gcc-3.4 make install

and it all worked fine like that.

Alan