Re: problem running Xprint on amd64 (x86-64)

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 11:25 +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:
> One of my Debian users has experienced some problems running Xprint on
> amd64 (x86-64).
>
> Originally he was getting a segfault
> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=278510)
>
> He now reports the segfault is no longer occuring, after release of a
> newer Debian revision.

The bug reporter has now clarified that the segfault is in fact
happening after all.

The running instance of Xprt that he thought he saw was from a chroot,
not the instance he was trying to print through.

I guess that makes the situation a bit more straightforward: there is a
segfault in Xprt on amd64 which needs to be addressed.

Drew