Re: [ Spam 50 ]::Mplayer?

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 10:56, Johan Groth wrote:
> It is not that difficult to compile by yourself.

I did that, and did some experimenting with it, using the 32 bit version of
mencoder as reference.

For some reason the 32bit mencoder beats the hell out of the 64 bit version on
the same hardware ! and I'm talking at about 2 x the speed !

Don't really know why, although I can imagine the 32bit version includes some
specific assembly optimisation, missing from the 64bit version.

can anybody comment on this difference ??

Ernest.