Re: DVD RW drive not recognized

> Are you using a debian kernel or a selfcompiled one?
> Did you load the ide modules corresponding to your chipset?
>
> Try `modprobe via82cxxx' and check if your drives are getting detected
> then.

Debian kernel.

In /etc/modules I got
ide-cd
ide-generic

among other things. I don't know if these are the good modules to
handle my hardware. I don't know how to figure that out.

And it's not that my driveS are not getting detected. One of them is,
and it works fine. It's just the DVD RW that is not.

I did the modprobe via82cxxx and it's still not getting detected.

Alex.