Re: Status of debian-amd64 after sarge release

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 14:56 -0800, kristian kvilekval wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 16:46 -0600, Pete Harlan wrote:
>
> > With gcc-3.4 the problem went away.
> >
> > pure64 obviously works for a lot of people, but if you have trouble
> > with pure64 I'd recommend seeing if the problems go away with gcc-3.4.
>
>    Is there a better upgrade path than re-install from cd? Is it
> possible to dist-upgrade?

Yeah, it is possible. I've just dist-upgraded from pure64. The upgrade
was successfull i think. I had a few issues with upgrading sed, ncurses
and a few other packages. For some of the packages (for some strange
reason) the /var/lib/dpkg/available was corrupted and I had to manually
adjust couple of things. But after a reboot everything was working like
it should )).

--
Andrei Mikhailovsky
Arhont Ltd - Information Security