tightvncserver - pure64

Greetings all!

This is my first post to the list, hopefully I am not wrong in doing so.  I
recently made the jump to the 64 bit platform and have chosen an AMD64 / Asus
A8V combination.  Being a longtime debian user, I figured what better fit
than the pure64 port.

The install went fine, and I am currently running the 2.6.8-AMD64-k8 kernel.
One application that I have come to use heavily on my old setup was
tightvncserver, and I am having trouble getting it running on my new setup
(pure64 / sid.)

Upon loading the the application:

jason@debian:~$ tightvncserver :1 -geometry 640x480 -depth 8 -localhost
Couldn't start Xtightvnc; trying default font path.
Please set correct fontPath in the tightvncserver script.
Couldn't start Xtightvnc process.

I have reviewed the vnc.conf as well as the actually script used to start the
program and have updated the font path to match the path in my Xfree config
file, all to no avail.

If I look at my kernel errors I see the following entries after trying to run
the app:

Xtightvnc[5846]: segfault at 0000000095d6a690 rip 0000002a95bcad57 rsp
0000007fbffff230 error 4
Xtightvnc[5849]: segfault at 0000000095d6a690 rip 0000002a95bcad57 rsp
0000007fbffff260 error 4

What can you guys tell me?

TIA

Jason

I am not sure what to do to resolve this, is this a bug?