Re: autofs package

Richard Wohlstadter wrote:
> I installed amd64 of a few of our blades a month ago and noticed at that
> time the autofs packages were still broken(needed a header change to
> work with 64bit).  I compiled autofs seperately outside of the dpkg
> system and moved on.  Just wondering if this has been corrected yet
> since I'd rather have everything under dpkg management if possible.

Hmm...  Not terribly long ago the version in sid was still the 3.9.99
version.  That version suffered from the 64-bit problems you
described.  But recently it has been updated for all architectures to
4.1.3.  That should have the fixed version from upstream.

  http://packages.qa.debian.org/a/autofs.html

I also had a locally fixed version of autofs on my 64-bit system.
Because of your note and the fact that I looked and use autofs it
prompted me to upgrade to the newer 4.1.3 version.  I tested it just
briefly and it seemed to work fine for me.  So to answer your question
it looks like it is all fixed now.

Bob