Re: Nvidia for amd64

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 05:30:00AM +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> I would like to contribute some updated nvidia-graphics-drivers
> packages (1.0-6629) for amd64. This stuff is based upon
> Randall's packages for i386 and the changes done by Markus
> Benning a few months ago.
>
> But I am still in the NM process, i.e. I cannot upload
> anything to alioth.
>
> Is anybody interested?

Right now I would be happy to get 6629 to even work on i386.  It shows
the nvidia logo, and then stays there.  I can log in and such, but
nothing is displayed other than the logo, and if I swich away from X to
console and back I just get a back screen.  control+alt+backspwace or
logout shortcut key work fine, it just never starts to display anything
from the X applications running.

No idea if the amd64 version will behave any better.