Re: [Fwd: USB mass storage trouble]

Il Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:28:12 +0100
Manuele Rampazzo <manu@linux.it> scrisse:

> Christoph Hebeisen wrote:
> > On a related note, as far as I understand, 2.6.9 has a different mass
> > storage driver than 2.6.8. Since cdrecord doesn't talk to device files,
> > how does one make it talk to that one? Devices don't seem to show up on
> > logical SCSI buses like they used to.
> I cannot try on my amd64, but I've got *a lot* of troubles with usb
> storage with 2.6.8 and 2.6.9 on a Debian i386...
> I've downgraded that PC to 2.6.7 and usb storage worked again very well;
> I will try again with the next subversion of the 2.6.9 linux kernel.
> Maybe you can try the same on your amd64.

Be sure to enable scsi-disk, it is strange but usb-storage require SD but no
SD default include in compile.

Check in .config

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD=y

--
Sythos - http://www.sythos.net

  ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against html/rtf/vCard in mail
  /\                        - against M$ attachments

Tranquillo, Milano la giro a occhi bendati!
	-- cena linuxmeeting 2002