Re: installing on ASUS K8N-E Deluxe

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 09:24:24AM -0500, Eric Sharkey wrote:

> > > Have you tried audio/ALSA?  (For a good test app, play a game of
> > > bumprace.)
> >
> > Works great in the i386 installation, does not work on amd64, but this is
> > due to bumprace not running (SDL parachute...), even with sound switched
> > off.
>
> Thanks, Christian.
>
> This is enough information for me to be reasonably certain that this
> problem only occurs on amd64 systems built with the Via chipset.
> (Your board is nVidia.)

I didn't know this problem existed, so one more reason to buy nvidia boards
for the next machines instead of via. If only the nforce NIC had not died...
It does not even show up with lspci. Oh, maybe it is one of the unknown
devices, that would agree with an nforce2 chipset which I recently set up.

Christian