Re: nvidia but no glx

Raul Miller wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 03:16:18PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> > However, having said that, working toward multiarch is definitely a
> > high priority.
>
> Multiarch, as proposed, will not address the issue indicated in the
> subject line.

Agreed.  But if nVidia supported multiarch, then we would have
something.  I was trying to imply that but failed.

> To address that issue requires other measures (one was already described
> in this thread -- other possibilities some way of remapping the file
> system so the nvdia install puts things thing in the right places, or
> cooperation from nvidia to support what is now the debian amd64 file
> system layout (for example, they might offer to not install the 32 bit
> libs at all -- that would allow them to stay FHS compliant and still
> support /lib64 being the same as /lib)).

That would be a safe compromise for nvidia until there was general
agreement.  However, if they were making changes to their installer
then they could detect if lib64 pointed to lib and if so automatically
do the right thing.  That would be even better!

Bob