Re: video card ?

On Mon 06 Sep 2004 09:20:26 PM CEST, Thomas J. Zeeman wrote:

Hi,

I don't know which video card i must choose.
I would like to know if the following video cards :
1) "*Point of View GeForce FX 5900 XT 128 Mo DDR/DVI
is compatible"  with Debian-amd64  ?.
2) " **ASUSTEK V9570/TD 256 Mo TV/DVI (NVIDIA GeForce FX5700)
is compatible with Debian amd-64 ?.

Thanks to nVidias UDA the brand does not matter only the chipset.
Both chipsets are reported to work with Debian AMD64. See the thread
"AMD64 and video card experiences" I started a few weeks ago for
confirmation or check the nvnews.net Linux-forum.
I have just ordered the Asus (in the 128 MB edition) and will get it this
weekend. I you want to I can mail you if I get it to work with Debian
AMD64.

Please reply to us all! I am also on the position of being screwed over by
matrox, and will soon be looking for something to replce my matrox 650 :-\ If
the Asus works OK, then it could well be on it's way to my house in about a
week ;-)

Pity... the 650 is supposed to be a nice card, I bought based on my experince of
the dual DVI 550, it worked fine, even without the HAL library. :-(

*sigh*

Cheers,
Paul