Re: amd64 and sarge

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Andreas Barth wrote:
> 5. our users will profit if we can give them at least some support for
> amd64 (means: more than only i386).

6. migrate to a 32/64 port immediately after r0 and schedule r1 few month
later
or
6a. fix all pending bugs on amd64/r0, set it as "official port" and
release r1 few months later
6b. migrate to 32/64 dist, and release r2 few months later

because letting a potentially broken, uncomplete (64-bit only) dist for
a year or two is not very suitable for many users

this would bring the need of a more aggressive (sub)release cycle (ie
shorter, "a la gentoo" (no flame here please), that should maybe be
discussed here

(my 0.15 euro)