upgrade from testing i386 to amd64

Hi,

I'm in process of choosing platform to   upgrade my overloaded server.
Now I'm running Debian testing on i386 processors. I'm considering
upgrade to 2x Opetron mainboard.

I've managed to find out from the list and google Debian/testing for
amd64 isn't yet aviable (any plans when it will be?)?

What would be the best for me to upgrade to Opetron not risking any
software incompatibilities. Can I run testing for i386 on amd64 system?
Are there any problems I may enounter?

tia
mazek

--
http://www.marcinmazurek.com/  :::  nic-hdl: MM3380-RIPE
GnuPG 6687 E661 98B0 AEE6 DA8B  7F48 AEE4 776F 5688 DC89