Re: slight OT: running 32-bit apps in chroot, nvidia drivers

I can go to the chroot dir /var/chroot/sid-ia32 and do a chroot .
I can then start kdm from within the chroot and run and run the whole Xserver + DE + apps in 32bit from within the chroot. That works fine.

But when I start the Xserver (through kdm) outside the chroot in pure64 and go 'inside' the chroot I can't get individual apps to connect to my pure64 Xserver.
I've edited the kdm files to try to let localhost access both through unix sockets and tcp/ip, but it's just not working. Is there something special I have to do to get the chroot 32bit apps to connect to the pure64 xserver? is it possible? Maybe I just haven't found the right settings?
If you're chrooting, you need to mount the "real" tmp and dev inside your chroot (mount --bind /tmp /var/chroot/sid-ia32/tmp). I found I also had to copy my ~/.Xauthority into my chroot home dir as well.

NVIDIA drivers:
nvidia-settings from the amd64 debs posted to this mailing list crashes for me outside the chroot. But, the nvidia-settings that came with the 32bit only drivers works fine inside the chroot.
Also I've noticed that I can run opengl apps (quake3, enemy territory) from the chroot dirs without actually going 'into' the chroot. But I get large texture rendering artifacts (sometimes I get perfect looking scenes and sometimes they're messed up).
I can also run them from 'inside' the chroot when the xserver is also running from inside the chroot. Then I get smaller rendering artifacts, but only in warcraft3 through winex's cedega, not quake3 or et.
However when I boot into a fully i386 debian which is an exact copy of the chroot, I don't get the slight artifacts. Strange huh?
By the way, both quake3 and enemy territory refuse to install on my pure64 distro from outside or inside the chroot. However they run fine inside the chroot and with only the texture problems outside the chroot. strange.
Hmm, I haven't experienced this. I haven't gotten any artifacts with anything, including quake3, et, neverwinter nights, ... What do your /usr/lib/libGL.so* look like in your 64bit and 32bit chroots?