Re: gcc-defaults: Please make gcc-3.4 the default on amd64

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 23:00:34 +0200, Andreas Jochens <aj@andaco.de> wrote:

> Please make gcc-3.4 the default on amd64. It has much better support for
> the amd64 architecture and also much better performance on amd64
> than gcc-3.3.

Yes, please do.

I recently switched to the amd64 port full-time, and have not yet
encountered a segfault that recompiling with gcc-3.4 didn't fix.
Moreover, I think this relatively new port should standardize on a gcc
with good K8 support while it is still young.

-David