Re: gcc-defaults: Please make gcc-3.4 the default on amd64

* Andreas Jochens (aj@andaco.de) wrote:
> Please make gcc-3.4 the default on amd64. It has much better support for
> the amd64 architecture and also much better performance on amd64
> than gcc-3.3.

Greetings, all.

  Just wanted to say that I support this move.  I think it makes sense,
  esp. considering 3.4 will be in sid shortly.  Even if we manage to
  somehow get into sid and through testing in time to release with sarge
  I don't believe this will be a problem for us.  Provided the gcc-3.4
  transisiton is done on all archs prior to multiarch I don't think that
  will even be a problem.

  If anyone has any objections to this move, please raise them now, and
  quickly, so we can get to a final decision soon.

  	Stephen