Re: AMD64 now most popular arch after i386?

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Brett Viren wrote:

> Mattias Wadenstein <maswan@acc.umu.se> writes:
> >
> > 192 of them actually, in a cluster. I admin them. But yeah, this hadn't
> > happened if the pure64 archive hadn't been in a working state.
>
> Interesting.  Can you say:
>
>  - what do you use to handle package installation and updating of the
>  individual nodes? (I'm using "diskless")

Debian FAI and mrsh. Updating the installation is done by reinstalling a
node. Same for any other major change. A fresh install is the authorative
source on how the install should look.

>  - what kind of clustering software (batch queues, mosix-style
>  kernels, etc) you are using?

"Simple" batch queue setup with mpi, this isn't finished yet though on
that cluster, but will be similar to our other clusters.

You might find some interesting stuff on http://www.hpc2n.umu.se, but then
you might not.

/Mattias Wadenstein