Re: Status of AMD64 - newbie

Hi!

| I wondering if AMD64 port is stable enough to use it on my Athlon64...
| I use Deian SID (i386) on my machines for a long time, so if it is almost
| as stable as SID, I'll try it.
|
| What do you think, should I try?

Yes. Try it. For me debian-amd64 works ok. Most i programming,
cross-compile (with little problems at the moment), www, email, news,
tv, radio, irc, etc. pp. - all without great problems.

I saw on the Debian-website, that Mozilla (suite, Firefox, Thunderbird and so on) and OpenOffice aren't availible for pure64 at the moment.
Is that right or are the programs now in the tree?

I need for my system the following programs:
-KDE (:D)
-Mozilla Firefox/Thunderbird
-Gimp (1 or 2, no matter)
-OpenOffice