Re: installation report/problems with xsane and subversion

Kenan Esau <kenan.esau@conan.de> writes:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have an AMD64 3200+ and I was using Debian/Sid until I switched to
> pure64.
>
> I tried to switch to pure64 some days ago. I used the HOWTO on alioth
> and installed a 64-bit changeroot. After everything went fine I copied
> the relevant directories to my main partition and now pure64 is my
> default.
>
> The problems seem to be some applications.
>
> I had problems to find a working browser -- but I think that was
> discussed in several posts on this list. So I have to stick with
> konqueror until some mozilla-based browser starts working (I tried
> mozilla, firefox and galeon -- all segfault). Also recompiling with gcc
> 3.4.1 and -O0 had no effect.

They all are based on mozilla. Its very likely they all have the same
problem and will all get fixed together. I think this bug is already
reported and people are working on it.

> subversion: Seems to stick in an endless loop as soon as I try to access
> my repository. No mather if I just want to list the repository content
> or checkout something. This error could also be located in the database
> not subversion itself.
>

> xsane: segfaults
>

> Should I file bug-reports for the errors I found or do we discuss this
> on this list ?

Yes. Please report them. The easiest is using reportbug. reportbug
will add system information makeing it clear you are using amd64.

On the other hand it would be nice to have a list of such amd64
problems somewhere. Maybe we could start a wiki page or a list on
alioth.

MfG
        Goswin