Re: Nforce3-Ultra compatibility

Why don't you try a motherboard with a kv8 pro chipset from via. I have the abit av8 socket 939 and it's been great. everything except the onboard ethernet is working right now, including the sound. I haven't tried to get the onboard ethernet working yet because my cablemodem is set only to allow my pci ethernet card's mac address to be used anyway.
If you look at the benchmarks, the kv8 pro chipset is actually a little faster than the nforce. I think anandtech.com had a good roundup. Plus via releases the specs so support is generally better and you don't have to put up with any crappy proprietary drivers.