Hi!

I will raise my little voice here:

I have been looking at this group for more than a week with this discution.

I think it is time to stop it (don't you agree?).

I think that Debian sarge should (or do I need to say "most"?) ship with amd64 port. Because it is almost for sure that many users (I already know four that are using it) will use AMD64 from a near future (myself included). And if the amd64 port isn't ready, I think you should postergate the release.

According to what I read, it is ready.

I don't see any point on this discution, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't release it, just as another architecture. And for the migration, come on, If I want amd64 native, I would pick up the amd64 installer, delete the binaries directories, after backing up the config files that I need, and after installing just restore the configs.

Well, hope that my little voice were listen.

Sincerely,

Ildefonso Camargo
icamargo@merkurio.com.ve
icamargo@unet.edu.ve