Re: amd64: booting from memory stick, can't find iso image

Joey Hess wrote:
Harald Dunkel wrote:

Wouldn't it be easier to load the usb modules by default?
I would guess that 99.9% of all machines running Debian
have got an USB device.

The usb modules are known to crash various machines, especially if you
load the wrong one.

There are no *.o or *.ko files on netinst.iso. But even if
there are, who said that the kernel on the iso matches the
kernel in boot.img.gz?

They're in udebs, and these things need to be kept in sync.

If boot.img.gz and netinst.iso belong so close together,
then they should be built each night in parallel, using
the same sources.list. Currently boot.img.gz for i386
is based upon 2.6.5-1-386(!!!), while the netinst.iso
contains 2.6.7-1-386.

The di-installer sources I've found were using kernel
2.6.6. Is there a newer CVS snapshot for somewhere? I would
like to help, if I can.

Regards

Harri