Re: update-mozilla-firefox-chrome segfaulting

Harald Dunkel wrote:

Bharath Ramesh wrote:

I upgraded mozilla-firefox and when chrome updating takes places it
segfaults and after that mozilla-firefox doesnt work. I upgraded to
0.91-4 from alioth. Anyone else seeing the same problem. Is there anyway
to fix it and use mozilla-firefox other than downgrading to 0.8

How can we convince the Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird people to
put a little bit more effort in an amd64 port?

There are several bug reports and enhancement requests about
Mozilla on the amd64 platform. See http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/
Bugzilla has an option to vote for bugs and enhancements to
increase their priority. Did you already vote?

Regards

Harri

Compiling with gcc-3.4 fixes the segfaults with mozilla-firefox 0.9.1 and mozilla-thunderbird 0.7.1. Amd64 gcc-3.4 debs are available from http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/pure64/tmp/

-- Alexander Rapp