Re: amd64: booting from memory stick, can't find iso image

Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Using the daily built boot.img.gz and sid-amd64-netinst.iso
> I tried to create a bootable memory stick. It boots, but
> later in di-installer I get an error message, saying that
> the iso could not be found in any of the mounted file
> systems.
>
> The *.iso file is on the image:
>
> On console 2 I could verify that the only mounted filesystem
> is tmpfs mounted to /. And of course there is no *.iso.

Likely it's failing to find your usb, or just can't mount the usb
storage for some reason. Poke around and see if the right usb modules
and usb-storage are loaded, look to see if /dev/discs contains a device
for your usb stick, and see if you can get it mounted by hand.

The /var/log/syslog from the installer can probably tell me most of
this, if you can get it off the intstall and send it.

--
see shy jo