Re: Debian installer july 6th netinst iso for pure64 not working for me

I've seen problems with my Asus K8V SE Deluxe and certain kernels...well, most kernels actually. Currently I'm using 2.6.5 with the Gentoo patches applied, which seem to be the most stable combination for me so far. 2.6.6 + AMD64 patches gives me the same behaviour you describe, and 2.6.7 (with and without AMD64 patches) failed to detect the VIA SATA somehow, but I still have to try newer versions of the patches.

dan carraher wrote:

Hi guys, I'm not subscribed so please cc me.
I just got my brand new athlon 64 3500+ socket 939 and abit av8 motherboard. I burned the netinst july 6 image which seems to be the latest and when I try to boot from it, it freezes at the ISOLINUX bootloader message and reboots the computer.
Is this a bad image?
I'm going to try from the july 1 image and see what happens.
Thanks.

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/