Re: An AMD64 or my (or your) dreams - what to buy?

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 10:39:02AM +0100, Doug Winter wrote:
-snip-
> Most mobos seem to come with the Broadcom NIC, currently not supported
> in the i386 installation kernels because of GPL incompatability issues
> with the tg3 driver.  You may need to go through some grief getting
> Debian installed.

Not sure how you determined most use the tg3, it seems only about 30% of
the amd64 boards use it according to the mainboard list. [1] By the way
almost all the boards that do use it are S940 not S754.

Chris

[1] http://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/1314/27/mainboards.html