some questions

hi
last week I succesfully managed to install debian-amd64 on my acer aspire 1501 laptop
(using dfs)

now I have some questions:

I put  noexec=noforce  in the kernel commandline, and some programs crash
(previously I tried noexec=on and almost nothing worked ) of course
noexec=on  is too restricting, so I thought noexec=noforce could be good
solution. But some programs (most notably swf-player) still crash in the
same way as when noexec=on wan in the commandline.
Is it normal? Should it be considered a bug ?

Is there (or there will be) a program to convert and/or install i386 .deb on
amd64? I mean something that installs the package in /emul, I know multiarch
is still far away, could this be a temporary workarond ?

Has anyone managed to use the IR port of an acer aspire 1501 ?
I don't know if it is a general problem or a x86_64 specific one, x86_64 has
less drivers for FIR devices than i386; I however can't get it working even
in SIR mode: is it a kernel problem or an irattach one ?

thanks in advance

Claudio

--
.