Re: Installation report -> works with a few problems

Am Montag, 28. Juni 2004 23:52 schrieb Alvaro Hernandez Tortosa:
> Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 05:18:31PM +0200, Tobias Spranger escribió:
> >You mean  --kernel-include-path=/usr/src/kernel-headers-2.6.6-4/include ?
> >With this include/linux/modversions.h wasn't there again. Thanks to the
> > log file, now I know the path ;-). I found it in include/config and linked
> > it include/linux. Now the nvidia skript started to compile, but exited
> > with a lot of errors and warnings. If desired, I can mail someone my
> >nvidia-installer.log. In the kernel-sources for my self-compiled kernel, I
> >saw that modversions.h is in config too. So I'll wait untill the packages
> > for nvidia have been released -- I already saw one ;-)
>
> 	modversions.h is created upon building the kernel. Thus, you
> need to run "make menuconfig" (or similar) and make dep, to create a
> modversions.h

Both the headers and the configured sources have a modversions.h but they are
not in include/linux/ as the installer expects but in include/config. I used
make-kpkg and debian sources (amd64) instead of make and vanilla sources. If
I do
	 make dep
in the (configured) sources I just get
	*** Warning: make dep is unnecessary now

At least I managed to get my kernel boot on SATA, by configuring IDE as a
module and SCSI built in. :-)

> 	With that fixed you'll be done to install the Nvidia drivers.

I think I'll try a vanilla kernel and make.

> 	Good luck!

Thank you!    :-)

Tobi