Re: Silicon Image SATA?

"Harald Dunkel" <harald.dunkel@t-online.de> writes:

> Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> Is there no ide driver for sata-sil? People wanted the ide driver for
>> some sata because of the 15 partition limit for scsi and smart.
>> It looks like we are getting a new kernel and new kernel udebs
>> tonight. Have a look if that changes anything.
>>

> This new image did not work. expert26 and linux26 were missing,

What should they do? I guess they should load a 2.6 kernel but amd64
only has 2.6.

If the help mentions 2.4 and 2.6 flavours (and it probably does, never
read it) that should be changed and patches are welcome.

> so I tried expert. But then "Load installer components from CD"
> failed, even though I could see the CD in /cdrom. The error message
> was
>
> 	Failed to copy file from CDROM. Retry?
>
> There was no hint _which_ file was missing.

That might be caused by the recent rootskel changes that broke
amd64. Kurt has patched it an build new images and I'm just waiting
for the new kernel upload to rebuild the cdrom. So better luck
tonight.

There is also a check-cdrom component you can select manually to check
the cdrom in case you suspect the content to be broken.

MfG
        Goswin