Re: Silicon Image SATA?

"Harald Dunkel" <harald.dunkel@t-online.de> writes:

   sata_sil is on the current Sarge netinst CD for i386, but AFAIK
   this is pretty new. Anyway, it doesn't help: After loading sata_sil
   the partitioning menu still does not show any disks.

Have you tried autodetecting hardware after modprobing sata_sil?
This worked for me. I used the Debian installer version tc1 on a
dual Opteron with a Tyan Thunder K8S Pro (S2882) board.

Unfortunately I could not finish the installation. I got random
crashes. Now I am running memtest, watch the error logs and wait
for the technician.

Does anybody have an S2882 board with less than 4GB memory
installed?

Does anybody know something about the ``up to 4GB DRAM system
unstable issue'' that Tyan fixed in a recent bios version
(http://www.tyan.com/support/html/b_s2882.html) ?

Bye,

Hendrik