Re: d-i base system install fails with kernel-image

Kyuu Eturautti wrote:

Been trying to install an AMD64 setup from scratch with the d-i .iso's
mentioned in the FAQ.
This error was repeated with several different .iso images, so I doubt
it's anything on the cd itself. I've also tried using alioth as well as
the swedish mirror as an apt source, same result.
Installing base systems fails with kernel package "kernel-image". Jumping
to virtual console 3 gives some additional info:The following packages have unmet dependencies:
kernel-image: Depends: kernel-image-2.6.6-3-generic but it is not installable

I got this exact problem but assumed it was a bad ISO (there are no MD5s on the download site so it's difficult to check). It installed the base system then failed on the kernel, no matter what one was selected.

Tony