Re: unable to handle kernel paging request problems on an Athlon 64

Hi,

I would suggest checking bios settings, too. If something like
"performance mode: turbo" is set with more than one RAM dimm inserted,
it may lead to this kind of problems. I had such a kernel panic as you
describe already during bootup, setting the bios to more conservative
values made the system stable again.

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 10:03:55PM -0500, Chris Cheney wrote:
> hours that had problems running normal software. There is a linux
> version of prime as well called mprime but I have not tried it out yet.

It is not 64bit clean. At least it was not, last time I checked.

Greetings
Frederik Schueler

--
ENOSIG