Re: Best kernel architecture

None of the above.  For the architecture, choose Opteron.

The only way I was able to compile a 32 bit Opteron kernel was on another
x86 box.  I could only get the Opteron to boot under the Debian from
Scratch x86_64 kernel and configuring/compiling a 32 bit kernel under that
never worked (even with linux32).

I've attached my 2.6.6 .config for reference...