Re: Meaning of new name for users?

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 03:15:28PM +0200, Andreas Steffen wrote:
> Should I just not update in the next fortnight, or need
> I have no fear? If a bit of both, which packages might be particularly
> affected?

We will not do anything without the consent of this list, and the
architecture name of the alioth archive will remain "amd64" until
we have decided in consensus on this list.

If we really are going to re-rename the port, we surely will keep the
existing pool availeable as something like pure64-old, until the new
one has reached some reasonable state of completeness.

Greetings
Frederik Schueler
--
ENOSIG